Minority/Women/Disadvantaged/Local Business Enterprise Consulting Services
Anderson and Associates, P.A. clients are governmental agencies or large construction companies and developers who are participating on public projects doing public work. Anderson and Associates, P.A. is recognized in Florida and an awarded leader in small, disadvantaged, minority and women business enterprise consulting.
Some of the legal representation that the firm provides is as legal counsel to governmental entities with Minority and Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and race neutral Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Programs. Additionally, the firm has had the privilege of providing a significant amount of consulting services in M/WBE, DBE and SBE Programs, to include public policy program implementation, small business certification services, contract compliance, data collection and evaluation, project management, community/public involvement, reporting and disparity studies. Specifically, A&A continues to fulfill its clients requirement of assessing program effectiveness, training staff, identifying and reporting industry best practices, social and economic program design, collecting and analyzing anecdotal information, conducting and analyzing surveys, assisting in reviewing and developing goals, developing plans, drafting policies and procedures, outreach activities, preparing electronic directories, conducting field and site visits, attending meetings, validating award and expenditure data, presiding over dispute resolution meetings, preparing reports and studies and making presentations to senior staff and boards.
Some of the projects and work products include the following:
- Disparity Study contributions for Orange County, Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority, Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, City of Memphis (surveys, anecdotal information collection and analysis, legal, policy analysis)
- Legislation: drafted legislation which resulted in law in Florida Statute for Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority allowing entity to waive bonds for small businesses
- Legislation lobbying: drafted legislation, secured sponsors and lobbied legislators for loan program for small businesses
- Implementation Manual of City of Orlando Blueprint Plan to utilized community venues to create sustainable economic viability for the community and small, minority and women owned businesses
- 30% M/WBE participation for Jacksonville Arena construction project
- 31% participation for the Dr. P. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts for design services
- 39% participation for the Dr. P. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts for construction services
- M/WBE outreach services on Burnham medical institute
- Transportation compliance services for Jacksonville Transportation Authority, Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, Southern Regional Transit Authority (LYNX), Orlando-Sanford Aviation Authority
- Best Practices Consulting Services for the Florida Turnpike and Greater Orlando Aviation Authority
- Certification services for Orange County and Greater Orlando Aviation Authority
Public Engagement& Community Outreach
Veronica Anderson has extensive experience in a broad range of public projects that have included Public Outreach and Community Coordination. This experience dates back to when she worked in middle and senior management with Orange County, City of Orlando and the State of Florida. In each organization there were numerous public outreach forums to inform or update the stakeholders about projects or regulations and to garner public support/input. As well, Anderson and Associates, P.A., through its contracts with numerous governmental and private entities, in the Central Florida area, has experience in planning, coordinating and conducting outreach activities involving numerous competing stakeholders. The firm has a database of over 5,000 leaders, members, influencers, stakeholders, and advocates in the grass-roots and faith based communities and has a proven track record in delivering a clear focused message. Mrs. Anderson, an attorney, has over 26 years experience in interviewing, surveying and collecting anecdotal data to support research documents in communities that have social, economic and information disparities.
Veronica Anderson was recognized by the Orlando Business Journal in 2011 for “Business Owner of the Year” at the Women Who Mean Business annual ceremony. Additionally, she was recognized by the Mayor and the City of Orlando in 2011 as a Woman Business Owner, who is “Succeeding Against all Odds”
Selected Relevant Experience:
Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Orlando, FL. Consultant who includes planning, coordinating and conducting community outreach and information forums to the public and business sectors regarding inclusion in the design and construction of the project.
Creative Village, Orlando, FL. Consultant which included outreach to grass-roots, faith bases and non-profit leaders and organizations to provide frequent updates on the development of the Creative Village project a 68 acre development project in Parramore, downtown Orlando. Anderson and Associates coordinated outreach meeting by engaging homeowners, renters, business owners, students, non-profit organizations and city officials in providing updates and receiving input. Additionally, Anderson secured support letters for the developer’s grant applications and facilitated improvements, grants, jobs, gifts, etc. to the Parramore community so that ordinary people in the community was knowledgeable and supportive of the project.
Mobility 20/20, Orlando, FL. Consultant which included providing strategies and conducted outreach activities to influence a “yes” vote on a tax increase for transportation projects. This assignment included getting the message out to the minority community.